13 November 2005

soup

Happy to report that on this cold, blustery day I took care of me!

Cooked the rest of yesterday's blueberry pancake batter.
Put together a crockpot of a garlic potato soup, to be served with a lovely swirl of pesto. (From the Vegetarian Slow Cooker)
Made a small pot of apple-cranberry sauce.
Cooked up a pot of Cauliflower soup with tomato & cheese. (Moosewood Daily Specials)
Ate little bits of the latter items as well as the last of the ukrainian borsch, some yogurt, and other healthy refrigerator oddments.

The crispers have been cleaned, in the process, with only salady and other fresh things remaining. My refrigerator looks civilized. I have a wonderful assortment of lunches and suppers for carrying to work for the rest of the week.

I'm so proud. Even work this evening felt better because of it. I can actually go home now and knit.

No comments: