25 August 2009

This is not what is meant by "costume parade".

As a break from knitting scarves, I knit a hasty shawl for a costume project.

It's not much to speak of: durable acrylic donated to the shop, most of one super saver skein on US13 needles, with basic recipe prompts from the Fan and Feather Triangle Shawl pattern in Cheryl Oberle's Folk Shawls. Really kind of a shawlette, this project of a long weekend is only a nod to the fanciness and fine knitting in Ms. Oberle's original.







I don't know that I'll ask the cat for an opinion, but I'm sure it will pass muster as a costume.

3 comments:

Marcy said...

What show is it for?

Batty said...

If that's the cat jumping in front of it, I'd say the shawlette matches your cat perfectly!
I love the bright orange. It's a very happy color.

Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Pretty quick thinking, knitting, and cat.