I had sense enough to want to tackle a baby gift for a baby due shortly.
I had sense enough to eyeball two skeins of indifferent baby acrylic that had been in the stash since certain other preschoolers were expected.
It became a mission to get this done, and that energy wasn't lost even when I set myself other spring-deadline hats.
The baby is here, enough weeks in that I can have a visit with the mom without overwhelming. The blanket is drying from its quick wash.
I bought a third skein, only to have 3/5 of it remaining. I decided it seems big enough.
I was too sick at the beginning to catch on to the fact that I would have gauge issues shifting from the garter center to the stockinette surround.
I thought an I-cord bind off would curb the curl, and it is not so.
I washed it, and days later the acrylic is still not dry.
This sucker is not square. I will try not to care.
In other serious news, I tossed the stash. I entered long ignored items into ravelry. I have one more box to go through.
I am appalled. I must knit more. Seriously. SABLE indeed.
Seriously not entering the kitchen cotton.
Excuse me. I need to go work on a gift scarf that's been lingering in the basket.