15 March 2006

Pictures v. Words, or that Knitting Olympics Certificate of Participation

(Sorry I don't have time to resize the rest of the photos just now.)

So for starters, I did finish the Christmas grab bag socks. They've been mailed and received and approved.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Naturally this means commencing with a pair pour moi, the web-touted-walkers.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I thought this was a closeup of the above picture, but it's really mostly cropped. Still, the Wildfoote in Brown sugar is quite lovely. The light punches up the yellow and orange. In life, the browns and rusts speckled with purple and tiny hints of green are quite lovely.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Here are the sleeves from the Bramble cable. I did flare the cuffs a wee bit.
Funny, only YESTERDAY did I notice that my Midwest Ring blog neighbor did the same sweater, only in warm reds. She, too, dispensed with the contrasting mohair flounce at hem and cuffs.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I really enjoy this yarn. Pretend you're having a yoga moment where you let your eyes go soft.

Image hosting by Photobucket


PS. The longish strays above ARE the alpaca. On the sock? Yes, a cat hair.

I did haul this sweater out to tackle it. Worked up a little bit more here, and then tackled the sleeves. They're both at armlet stage, but no pics.

Image hosting by Photobucket


And then there's the LLLLemming scarf.


Image hosting by Photobucket


I used stitch markers briefly until I decided that this would be better with quiet, non-dropping, tactile markers, so I purled the to-be-dropped rows.


Image hosting by Photobucket


I really liked looking at the yarn, even peeking out of the small project knit bag.

Image hosting by Photobucket


This is one of the Lorna solids: pewter.

Image hosting by Photobucket


Great lesson in tones and color theory.

Image hosting by Photobucket


I left a length of this, as if a rose, at my grandmother's grave. Silk and wool and all the qualities they carry. Grey and understated and rich with color.
Yarn for a story teller and an unassuming caregiver.
This would have been hers, had things been different.


Image hosting by Photobucket

No comments: